2. What Information Does ReachNow Collect?
3. How Does ReachNow Use My Information?
4. What Information Does ReachNow Share?
6. Registration and Personal Settings.
7. How We Collect Information.
10. Email Links.
11. California Residents.
12. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals.
2. What Information Does ReachNow Collect? As part of evaluating your membership application to join ReachNow and providing you with our Services, we, and third parties engaged by us, obtain personally identifiable information about you including, but not limited to, your first and last name, home or other physical address, email address, phone number, date of birth, drivers’ license information, personal photo, and credit card information (collectively, “Personal Information”). As part of the application process for joining ReachNow Carsharing or at any time during your use of the Services, we, or a third party engaged by us, will order consumer reports, which may include, but may not be limited to, reports containing driver license validity information and driving and or motor vehicle record information on you from any state in which you have been licensed to drive, as gathered and communicated by a consumer reporting agency. We may also collect information from you as described in Section 6 below.
3. How Does ReachNow Use My Information? Our primary goals in collecting Personal Information from you are to: (a) enable us to approve or disapprove your membership status (on an ongoing basis) in accordance with our Ridesharing Eligibility Criteria and Carsharing Eligibility Criteria (each as defined in the ReachNow Mobility Services Membership Agreement); (b) facilitate efficient transactions; and (c) provide you with information regarding relevant products and services. We may also use information we collect from you to improve or develop new products, services or websites; conduct research or analysis; comply with legal requirements; or other purposes. We, or third parties engaged by us, may store any information we collect from you.
4. What Information Does ReachNow Share? We will share Personal Information with certain related and third parties in order to process your membership application to join ReachNow and as part of providing you with our Services. For example, we may share Personal Information with our parent company and affiliates. If you use our Ridesharing Services, we may share your Personal Information with third party drivers employed by third party entities or transportation companies (each a “Driver”) who use ReachNow to provide you with our Ridesharing Services. We may also share Personal Information with non-affiliated companies that market our Services who are distinct entities and have their own privacy policies. We may also share information about you and your interactions or use of ReachNow vehicles with law enforcement officials or other third parties in connection with traffic and parking violation citations; accident reports; tolls; and other citations, violations, fines, or similar items and/or to comply with law or requests by law enforcement or governmental agencies. We may also share Personal Information with non-affiliated companies that provide services on our behalf (including, but not limited to, insurance companies, customer support companies, mail fulfillment companies, or identification verification companies). For example, we have engaged a third-party identification credentials authentication company to verify the identification you submit to us and so we will share information submitted by you including, but not limited to, the information contained on, and an image of, your driver’s license and a comparison photo. Such third-party identification credentials authorization company may store these images and information. The comparison between your driver’s license and the comparison photo may be done utilizing biometric technology that analyzes certain data generated by automatic measurements of certain of your facial characteristics. The third parties listed in this Section 4 are not exclusive. We may engage other third parties to assist us with providing you access to our Services from time to time, without notice to you, and we may share any and all information we collect from you with such third parties subject to applicable law.
5. Confidentiality. In certain areas of the Technology Platform you may choose to share Personal Information with us. We may use this information for marketing research and other marketing and service related purposes like sending brochures you request and keeping in touch by email. Where required or permitted by law, we may share your Personal Information with the BMW Group, our related companies, our business partners or others. We may transfer information about you to a company that acquires the assets of ReachNow or one of our business units, for example, as a result of a sale, merger, reorganization or liquidation. Customer telephone calls may be recorded to protect you and our staff.
6. Registration and Personal Settings. ReachNow provides the Services in certain cities in the United States to people who meet Ridesharing Eligibility Criteria and Carsharing Eligibility Criteria (as defined in the ReachNow Mobility Services Membership Agreement) and are approved as members. You must apply for membership, be authorized by ReachNow and enter into a Membership Agreement with ReachNow before holding, reserving, operating, and riding in any ReachNow vehicle. Registered members of ReachNow Services may access and correct or update their Personal Information by entering their login ID and password on the website or in our app. To edit, delete or add to information you have shared while visiting our Technology Platform, log in and go to the Profile section. If you notify us (using the contact information provided, below) that any Personal Information you provided us (such as ZIP code or email address) has changed, we will endeavor to correct or update your personal data. If your membership in ReachNow is terminated for any reason, we may keep the information we have collected from you for a period of time to be determined in our sole discretion subject to applicable law. Additionally, the information you share when joining or using ReachNow Services is secure while in transit to us.
7. How We Collect Information. We use browser cookies, web beacons, logs and other technologies for analytics, functionality, convenience, marketing, security or other purposes relating to your use of our Technology Platform or Services.
7.1 Cookies: Cookies produce a luxury and convenience similar to that of memory seats. They save you the trouble of reentering certain information in some registration areas, help to deliver content specific information to you and track which sections of the site are most popular. The cookies we use are elements of data stored by your browser on your device. We use browser cookies to authenticate you; track your session; remember settings, location or preferences; for advertising and conversion tracking; or provide other functions. You may set your browser settings to reject cookies or to alert you when a cookie is placed on your device. The Help portion of your browser should explain how to configure your browser’s cookie handling. You may have limited functionality if you block browser cookies set by our websites.
7.2 Web Beacons: Web beacons are objects placed on web pages that allow us to determine whether and for how long you view web pages. We use web beacons for site traffic reporting, auditing and reporting, personalization, unique visitor counts, advertising, conversion tracking or other functions. Your web browser may have add-ons that may help you to manage web beacons. You may have limited functionality if you block web beacons set by our websites.
7.3 Third Party Service Providers: We may use third-party service providers to provide us information, analysis and reports about the use of our websites and to enable you to interact with us or other users of our products, services or websites. We may use various web technologies from Google, Facebook, Twitter, Optimizely or others.
7.4 Advertisements: We may use third-party service providers to provide us with advertising, marketing, conversion tracking or other information and services. We may use various web technologies from Microsoft Atlas, Rocket Fuel or others. You may find out more information about these technologies and your choices by using the Digital Advertising Alliance opt-out page located at www.aboutads.info/choices, the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page located at www.networkadvertising.org/choices, or the Interactive Advertising Bureau EU page located at www.iab.net.
7.5 Logs: We use log information relating to Internet Protocol addresses, web requests, date and time of your request, operating systems, browser types, browser languages and cookies that may uniquely identify your browser or your device. We use this information to administer our systems; diagnose problems; provide analytics; enhance the functionality of our products, services or websites; or to make our products, services or websites more convenient, secure or efficient.
7.6 Other Automated Collection: We may also collect automated information through technologies built into our mobile application software. These technologies may gather information on how you interact with and use our products or services. ReachNow collects information that does not personally identify you such as device-specific information, including your IP address, web browser type, device type, operating system version, mobile device carrier, and unique device identifiers. We also may collect information about your usage of our Services, preferences, and interaction with certain features.
7.7 Location Information. While using ReachNow’s Services, we collect information about your location that may be precise or imprecise, such as the start and end locations of your trip and where you park. The precise location information that we collect may be Global Position System (GPS) data or geolocation data identified from nearby cell towers and Wi-Fi hotspots when you enable location-based features. We also collect location information that you manually enter (such as your, ZIP Code, city, state or latitude/longitude), or that is provided by your IP address. If you disable your location features, the accuracy of your location may be impacted, and we may not be able to provide you with our Services. When using Ridesharing and/or Reserve, we also collect information about your location through our drivers that includes the location of your pick up and drop off point as well as the length of your trip.
7.8 Employer/Residential Information. Through your use of the Services, we may receive Personal Information or information about you from your school, your employer, or the management of the residential building in which you live.
7.9 Call, Text and Address Book Information. We collect information about your communications via phone call and text messages with our Ridesharing Drivers that you connect with using Ridesharing and valet agents you connect with using our Reserve service (as defined in the ReachNow Mobility Services Membership Agreement). Such information may include the date and time of the communication, phone numbers, and/or content of messages. If you permit us to access your address book on your device, we may access, use and store this information to enable interactions that you initiate while using Ridesharing or for purposes stated at the time you provide consent.
7.10 Surveys and Feedback. From time to time, we may request information including Personal Information and/or feedback from you through a survey on our Technology Platform. Your participation in any survey is completely voluntary and you have a choice to provide us the requested information. We use the information collected by surveys and feedback to improve the functionality of our Technology Platform, enhance your experience with our Technology Platform, and optimize the Services we provide to you.
8. Subscriptions/Newsletters. Except for communications related to membership, trips (including Drives and Rides, as defined in the ReachNow Mobility Services Membership Agreement), or in response to a specific request from you, you will only receive emails or mailings from ReachNow if you have requested to be on our correspondence list. If you are currently on our list and do not wish to receive further information from us, simply click on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the correspondence.
9. Links. Though our Technology Platform may contain links to other sites or third party content, we are not responsible for the content, links or privacy on any of those sites. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of those third parties. ReachNow is not responsible or liable for any information that you provide to or may be collected by such third parties.
10. Email Links. We may use email links throughout the Technology Platform to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We try to reply promptly to everyone. Information in the message may be used to respond directly to your comments or questions. We may also file your comments to improve the Technology Platform and programs, or review and discard the information.
11. California Residents. If you are a California resident, California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request from us once a year, free of charge, a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personally identifiable information as defined under California law for such third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please email us at email@example.com or write us at the address noted below.
12. How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals. We do not track users over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising. Accordingly, we do not currently respond or take any action with respect to web browser "do not track" signals or other mechanisms that provide consumers the ability to exercise choice regarding the collection of Personal Information about an individual consumer's online activities over time and across third-party web sites or online services. As noted above, you may set your browser settings to reject cookies or web beacons but doing so may hinder your experience on the Technology Platform. Please see the Help portion of your browser for instructions on managing your security preferences.