Happy New Year from all of us at ReachNow! What a Ride 2018 was. We listened to Member feedback and launched the first ever app that offers car sharing and ride hailing on the same platform, expanded service in Seattle and welcomed new competitors to help tackle the transportation challenges facing major U.S. cities – starting in our own backyard.
We are excited to dive into 2019 as our home base, Seattle, is one of the most exciting places to be when it comes to innovation in mobility services. With the Seattle Squeeze rapidly approaching, we have a huge challenge on our hands but also a unique opportunity to be radical about the ways we address mobility. We know that we can’t do it alone. In collaboration with local transportation authorities and other key players, we have the opportunity to create a blueprint for the future of urban transportation across Seattle, Portland and beyond.
We’re committed to doing our part in 2019 through:
- Expanding options for urban commuters via the new mobility services joint venture between BMW Group and Daimler AG to change the way people travel.
- Fostering a shared-use transportation ecosystem, therefore striving to decrease the amount of personal vehicles on the road.
- Partnering with the Seattle Department of Transportation, Sound Transit and King County Metro for the “Rideshare to Transit” program to encourage use of public transportation and provide a first and last mile solution for commuting.
- Offering affordable parking solutions through dedicated public parking, shared-use spaces, and more.
- Exploring new app features that allow carpooling across our services and fleet, when possible, and provide even more safety solutions for members.
We know it will take creativity and collaboration to keep Seattle and other urban communities moving over the next five years and we will continue to implement ways to make it better. As we head into 2019, we encourage you to tell us what you would like to expect from transportation in 2019. You can leave a comment on any of our social platforms or send me a tweet.
- Steve Banfield, CEO, ReachNow