How do I become a Member?
Download the ReachNow App on your iOS or Android device and register with your current driver’s license and credit card. Follow the simple instructions and you could be approved and driving within minutes.
What are the requirements for membership?
To become a ReachNow Member, you must have a valid U.S. driver’s license, acceptable driving record including no major violations (see membership agreement for details) and be at least 18 years old, and have at least 2 years of driving experience. A valid credit or debit card is required in order to make payments. Prepaid credit cards are not accepted.
Do I need a special ReachNow access card?
No, you can utilize the full service with just the App. You can take your first trip as soon as you are approved using the ReachNow App. After registration, you will be asked to enter your mailing address in order to receive a Member Key card for all future trips. This Member Key card functions as the car key – it will lock and unlock any available vehicle in our city-wide fleet and is valuable to have in cases when you phone may have poor cellular reception.
What if I want a Member Key card immediately?
Member Key cars are mailed after you take your first trip. If you need one sooner, please call Member Support at (844) 732-2466 to expedite the process. Please know you can use your app to open a vehicle after you successfully register.
How do I lock/unlock the vehicle before receiving the Member Key card in the mail?
You can unlock and lock the car using your ReachNow App. After registration, you can take one trip using the App to unlock/lock the vehicle. After your first trip, we require you to enter a mailing address.
Can I join ReachNow if my driver’s license is issued outside of the U.S.?
Unfortunately, our insurance provider does not currently allow this.
I am under the age of 18. Can I still become a Member?
Not at this time.
I have a prior violation on my license. Will I still be able to participate in ReachNow?
Possibly, depending the type, date of incident, quantity and severity of the violation. Please see Membership Criteria for more details or contact Member Support at (844) 732-2466 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your First Trip
Where can I find a vehicle?
All available vehicles are displayed on the interactive map in the ReachNow app. The vehicles are shown along with specific information, including license plate number and fuel level/state of charge. Users can filter by vehicle brand: BMW, BMW i and MINI.
Is there a car in my neighborhood?
ReachNow is a free-floating car sharing service which means our cars are primarily self-distributed throughout the Home Area through member usage. Check the ReachNow app for the nearest available vehicle. If you’d like to see more cars in your neighborhood, email email@example.com.
Do I have to specify how long I want the vehicle before starting my trip?
No. Keep the car for as little or long as you like, up to 120 hours (5 days).
Are ReachNow vehicles covered by liability or other insurance, or do I need to purchase my own car insurance?
ReachNow maintains the state-mandated insurance minimums.
- In Washington state, we maintain $30,000 per person, $60,000 per accident and $10,000 in
- In Oregon, we maintain $25,000 per person, $50,000 per accident and $20,000 in property damage
- In New York state, we maintain $60,000 in combined single limit coverage. Members are responsible for a $500 insurance deductible if they are found at-fault in an accident
- In Washington state, we maintain $30,000 per person, $60,000 per accident and $10,000 in
Can I see my car’s fuel level or state of charge before I pick it up?
Yes. You can view individual vehicle details including fuel level or state of charge in the ReachNow app. Before reserving a vehicle, check the fuel/charge level to ensure it suits the needs of your trip. Our fleet team works around the clock to make sure cars are adequately fueled and charged.
Do I need to refuel/recharge the car before I return it?
Members will be required to return a vehicle with at least 5 miles of fuel/charging capacity remaining – as calculated by the vehicle’s range computer while the vehicle is in its default drivetrain setting (i.e., comfort mode rather than Sport or Eco Pro for the BMW 3-Series). If the vehicles is returned with less than 5 miles of range, a $5 fuel surcharge may be assessed.
What do I do if I run out of fuel/energy during my booking?
Before reserving a vehicle, check the fuel/charge level to ensure it suits the needs of your trip. Members are responsible for additional fuel costs if the provided fuel is insufficient.
What do I have to keep in mind when driving electric?
The BMW i3 offers the same flexibility as the rest of the vehicles in our fleet, but there are some differences to be aware of if you have never driven an electric vehicle:
- Silence: When you start the motor you will hear … nothing. Drivers should keep in mind that the absence of noise could mean pedestrians and cyclists may not hear the car approaching.
- Range: Depending on factors such as your driving style, the topography of your route, or the outside temperature, for example, the total range of your trip will be up to 130 miles. That’s like a trip from downtown Seattle to Tacoma, and back. Always be aware of your state of charge. There are multiple ways to view how many miles remain on the current charge: 1) Press the button on the cruise control stick (left side of the steering wheel) until you see remaining miles displayed on the control panel; or 2) Use the iDrive Controller to find your state of charge under vehicle settings. The BMW i3 has three driving modes: Comfort, ECO PRO and ECO PRO+. ECO PRO and ECO PRO+ support an efficient driving style to conserve energy by reducing AC output and limiting acceleration and speed.
- Regenerative Braking: The one-pedal control of the electric BMW eDrive system lets you brake using the accelerator pedal. If you take your foot off the accelerator, the innovative braking recuperation kicks in, the car slows down noticeably, and the brake lights illuminate. Drivers should keep this in mind when signaling other drivers. Once you’re familiar with pedal regeneration, you will find cruising through the city without pushing the brake very comfortable. Driving this way provides energy to the battery and helps to prolong the range of the vehicle. We strongly suggest that you use the brake pedal when you come to a complete stop, especially when you’re on an incline. Even though the car has an automatic transmission, keeping your foot on the brake pedal will ensure that you maintain your current position.
- Charging: Don’t worry about charging. This is managed by our fleet team, so any BMW i3 available should have enough charge to cover all trips around the city during a day. The BMW i3 with Range Extender, included in the ReachNow fleet, greatly extends the range of the vehicle depending on driving habits and environmental conditions. The Range Extender adds a lightweight and efficient two-cylinder gasoline engine. When the initial charge is depleted to approximately 5 percent, the Range Extender automatically starts to maintain the battery’s state of charge. The engine only produces electricity to charge the battery.
Do I have to use my Member Key card to lock the vehicle when I end my booking?
No. You can also use the Lock Car feature in the ReachNow app. However, we recommend you keep your Member Key with you in case there are connection problems.
How do I clear my Bluetooth information after a trip?
After every trip, each vehicle automatically resets and deletes any personally identifiable information such as your phone’s Bluetooth connection and any synched information.
Dos and Don’ts
Can I bring my pet along?
Any pets must be crated. If the interior of the vehicle is dirty or full of pet hair, we reserve the right to charge a minimum of $50 and a maximum of the actual cost of cleaning plus a $25 administrative fee per violation. Service animals are an exception, of course.
Is smoking permitted in the vehicle?
No. In the interest of other members, smoking is not permitted in the vehicle. If subsequent renters or our service personnel notify us that a car smells of smoke, we reserve the right to charge a minimum of $50 and a maximum of the actual cost of cleaning plus a $25 administrative fee per violation.
Can I use another user’s Member Key card to open a vehicle?
No. You may only open a vehicle with your personal Member Key card. Misuse is a violation of our Membership Agreement and you may not be covered by our insurance in the event of an accident.
Can other people drive the vehicle using my Member Key card?
No. Only the member who initiated the reservation is authorized to drive the vehicle. Unauthorized drivers are not insured and may be subject to prosecution in the event of an accident.
What happens if I get a speeding ticket or another traffic violation?
You are responsible for any violation of traffic laws, like speeding, and any corresponding fees. Fines for any sort of violations such as speeding, illegal parking, suspected criminal use of vehicles, and abuse of HOV lanes will be transferred to the customer with an additional processing fee. Special fees also apply if our Membership Agreement is violated.
Can I drive in HOV or Express lanes?
Yes, if you have more than two people in the car. On certain highways in Washington, you may pay a toll to take advantage of the express lanes. Please note you will be responsible for any fees or fines related to using HOV or Express lanes.
Can I reserve a vehicle more than 30 minutes in advance?
Our service is meant to be flexible and spontaneous, therefore we do not support reservations more than 30 minutes in advance. We do our best to ensure there is high availability of vehicles throughout the Home Area for all Members.
Can I use GoodToGo (Seattle area) or E-ZPass (Brooklyn area) to cross toll bridges?
Yes, it’s built in to every BMW and MINI, even if you don’t hear a beep. You will be charged for tolls incurred during your reservation. Please note, some tolls may be billed to your account up to 30 days after ReachNow receives notice of the charge
What if my car won’t unlock? What do I do if the light does not turn green?
Please call Member Support at (844) 732-2466.
What if there is a ticket on the car before I begin my reservation?
Not to worry – we will cross reference the time the ticket was issued with the responsible Member’s reservation time.
Where can I locate the vehicle’s owner’s manual?
All of our vehicles have electronic owner’s manuals which are accessible via the in-car entertainment system. To pull up simply navigate to the BMW or MINI menu using the iDrive controller in the center console. Then choose ‘Vehicle Info’ and select ‘Owner’s Manual’.
How do I shift?
All of our vehicles have automatic transmissions. On the BMW i3, the gear shift and park button are behind the steering wheel, on the right-hand side. On the BMW 3-Series and MINI vehicles, the gear shift is in the center console.
How does Lost and Found work?
If you’ve lost something, please contact Member Support. If the vehicle is still available, we may reserve it so you can run back and grab your belongings. Please remember, we take no responsibility for your personal belongings, but we will do our best to help. We will hold lost and found items for 30 days.
What if my car is dirty?
When you rate your trip after the drive, indicate that the vehicle was dirty so we can be sure to clean it.
How do I adjust the seats?
BMW i3 and MINI vehicles: To move the front seat forward and back, use the lever under your thigh. To adjust the height and angle, use the lever on the side of the seat. BMW 3-Series and BMW X1 SAV: : Use the electronic controls on the side of the seat.
What should I do if I’m in an accident?
Call 911 immediately. There is an accident reporting brochure located in the glovebox of every vehicle. Review the instructions and be sure to fill out the form as accurately as possible. If another party was involved in the accident, be sure to provide the attached insurance cards to those parties. Notify Member Support at (844) 732-2466.
What should I do if I’m running out of energy when driving with the electric BMW i3?
- Conserve energy.
- Know your remaining driving miles. ZERO means ZERO – the remaining mileage displayed on the screen is accurate, there is no reserve of energy.
- Find the nearest charging station.
You can save energy by switching to EcoPro mode (press the EcoPro switch on the center console) and by driving more conservatively.
Press the button on the cruise control stick (left side of the steering wheel) until you see remaining miles displayed on the control panel. You can now determine the distance you can safely drive to the nearest charger. Find the nearest public charging location by using the in-car navigation or call Member Support at (844) 732-2466.
What if I notice damage to the vehicle when I am picking it up?
Members are required to inspect the vehicle before their trip and report any damage via the app or by calling Member Support. Tap on a blue dot on the vehicle illustration to report new damage. Previously reported damage will be indicated by a yellow dot. If the damage you have noticed is already registered, you don’t need to do anything further. If you notice new damage, please report it on the app or contact Member Support.
Manage My Account
How do I reset my password?
You can reset your personal account information via the app. Click ‘Profile’ on the left-hand menu and select ‘Forgot Password.’ A link will be sent via text to reset your password.
How can I change my personal account information?
You can update your personal account information via the app. Click ‘Profile’ on the left-hand menu to change info like your address and password.
How do I update my credit card information?
You can update your credit card information via the app from the ‘Payment’ section on the left-hand menu.
What are the payment options?
A valid credit or debit card are required to be kept on file.
Can I direct my payment to a different credit card when it’s for business?
At this time, we only allow one payment card per account.
What do I do if I lose my Member Key card?
Please call Member Support right away at (844) 732-2466 or visit our local store. There is a $25 fee for replacing lost or damaged Member Key cards.